Each year, we are incredibly fortunate to take our year 5 children to Derwent Hill, which is a residential experience in the beautiful Lake District. We usually go in the Summer term (around June) and the children leave school Monday morning and return on Friday afternoon. Below is some useful information you may need.
Parents Planning Meetings:
Before the trip, parents are invited into school to be given an insight as to what to expect while your child is away.
Consent Forms & Medical Information
Can we request the four page consent form along with the Behaviour Statement and Covid-19 Statement are returned to the school office as soon as possible. If you need to inform us of any medical treatments your child will need to take while at Derwent Hill, please ensure we have the full information and associated medicine handed in to us no later than the Wednesday before departure.
Individual Parent Meetings for SEND/Vulnerable Children:
Some parents will be invited in to school to meet one-to-one with us to discuss more specific arrangements for their child. These will be scheduled prior to the trip and you will be contacted separately if it applies to you and your child.
What NOT to bring:
- Mobile phones/iPads/electrical devices/cameras are not allowed AT ALL
- Fit bits or watches
- Jewellery : Please remove all ear-rings as they are a snagging risk for ropes/helmets
- Sweets or other food
- Hair dryers/beauty equipment
What we CAN bring:
- A small toy or comfort from home that children can keep in their dormitory (please don't pack anything of significant sentimental value if there is a risk of damage or loss, however we appreciate some children may want a soft toy for bedtime etc.)
- A labelled packed lunch box and drinks bottle (ESSENTIAL ITEMS)
- A small torch
- Plenty of small change for the pool table/games room
- A small commodity of pocket money - no more than £10 please.